Sendirian Berhad

Sunday

9.Muka, Tangan dan Mulut

“What??” I shouted. Very loud, but only my heart could hear it. I feel like a huge cloud fell on me. Cloud? No, that's a very weak comparison. This is something else. Something that matters a lot more for me. Pride.

It was those line. Those painful lines, lines of hatred, words and sentences which is also a death sentence that was published at Facebook that night. Stabbed. Now i wondered, why Facebook? Would it be okay be if I said, Facebook got its name for greatly good reasons. "Buku Bermuka-muka"?Deep down in my heart, i could just prayed to Allah swt. He knows what really has happened and will show the light of the truth. Didn't know why and what has make me become such an irk to them. Rule#11:Never publish things that you are not sure of or things that have nothing to do with you. Print screen. I'm glad I learnt that.
                       *********************
"I don't think we could use this, right?". I asked. Shari gave me a look as answer. Okay. Right. In split seconds, I ran back to my house and ran back to the kitchen with a bottle of vinegar. Vinegar. I never thought we could have a type that we couldn't eat. If I knew, i would have remind them when i made that list. Rule#12: Always check and double check the ingredient and material used for the product that you buy or use.And for the rest hour, we both take turns running back once there's something wrong. Like, we forgot about the knife. Haha.
"Can we eat this?" She asked. Pointed her finger to the chicken. I was surprised. A repetition. Dejavu. I heard that question from my mouth an hour ago. Of course it is "eatable". We wouldn't be able to cook it if we can't eat it. I smiled and answered. "Yes, its all Halal". I wont blame her to ask that question. Old habits die hard. Okay wrong phrases. Couldn't think of anything else. Being here, i had always and always being very particular and careful with the ingredient, food, clothes and shoes that i want to buy. Lots of not. I suddenly remembered back in Malaysia, i didnt really look for a significant label like "Halal" or allergies advices. Its our daily product sold in our daily market, shop, mall.. And it wasn't an issue there. Malaysia itself is a country well-known for being a main 'sub-halal' product. Now i could imagine myself, scrutinizing every label on any product that i want to buy even at Sabasun or even Mydin. I have a look at the giant clock on the wall. 6.45pm. Everything has sold out. Out to the extend that even both of us can't have our dinner. Its okay. I dont mind, its good enough that we have lots of customer today. A very busy day. Alhamdulillah. We managed to get this successful today. Allah swt knows everything.
Now, we have an hour left to tidy up the kitchen, wash the pots, woks, pans, utensils and everything before a rehearsal at the hall for our Malaysian Fest. Repeating the things I need to bring tonight, i mumbled myself. Please, dont forget.... I never see myself as someone that are so attached to needle and thread in the future when i was just a-mummy's-little-girl. Huh, heavy breath in with an even more heavier breath out. Funny, suddenly my stomach roared. Okay, cooking is our job but how come i'm hungry now? :P

       *********
"I want this one. Put this tattoo here" begged a small girl with curly brown hair and blushed cheek. Argh..that's a difficult one. "Why do you have to create such complicated pattern!!?" I quietly blamed myself, recalling the whole night i spent sketching those patterns. I continued my work. Giving all effort to make sure it look nice on her hand. Its funny that they kept calling it tattoo even though we both have explained that is only a temporary henna that would last for few days. Never mind. They all love it as much as I do. Its free, who wouldn't. Even this little girl asked me why I didn't charged for this 'service'. I could only smile for that question. (Yes, why i never thought of charging you for that????). My hand feel very tired, cramp, and hurt. I have being using it for 4 hours under this bright sun. A rare case. Plymouth with a very fierce sun for the whole day. Actually until the date that i wrote this, which is 2 months after the event, i still have the 'henna' flower design on my left hand. The sun couldn't burn the skin under the heena, leaving a funny faces to whoever saw my hand. "Its sunburn but the sun couldn't burn the part that has the heena on it". I couldn't count how many times have i repeated that sentences every time people asked me. 20, was it? Rule#13. Never underestimate the nature's power. Though you used to live in a country where sun show up almost everyday in a year with the lowest temperature is 30'c that's doesn't make you immune. It was only 20++ degrees on that day. And yes, we were all burnt well.