Don't claim you have been in Plymouth if you do not know this phrase.
" Are you alright?"Funny, that is the first word i'll hear every morning, or every time I meet the locals. This sentence will just shoot out from their mouth the moment they saw you. Believe me!
Apart from that, I also learnt cutting one whole chicken. Something I never do at home. And buy carrot and eggs online. Well, that's new to me too. Open your laptop, and get network connection, you can throw your money in a split second. E-bay and Amazon, two boyfriends that I found quite hard to break-up with!
Recognizing money. I dont quite remember how i deal with this when i was a little girl. How did i know who is stingy and who's not when they give me 'duit raya'. But i actually have a session with my house mate to recognise the money, especially those coin type because theirs are so weird and funny! I really took time, and i'm sure others at the back must be complaining for queuing becomes much longer with me in the line. The cashier smile wryly as i struggle to get the money in a correct amount. Huuu...- Pray. I dont know how to explain this part. I have learnt before, during my school days, praying can be done while you are sitting, laying, using body sign, and many more. But i really haven't done that. So, the first day i arrived, i get the chance to practise this in the bus. Not only that, another new thing for me, praying without the telekung. We just prayed with our clothes at the field the day we went for a picnic. It feels weird at first, but then i get use to it. The condition is to cover your aurat, not to wear a white long telekung. Great experience. I still remember how we often had to queue at the mosque or surau waiting to use the telekung, and how it would bother me so much if i forgot to bring it to school during when i was in Form 1 and 2 (evening classes)
. Lastly, Buses and trains. I live in Terengganu for 19 years. So, i never use train to go anywhere before. It was always one of my dreams since i was a little girl to have this experience. i used to beg to my father to allow me or bring me somewhere that will enable me use trains (request rejected ). Here, train is one of the most convenient and a must to travel especially for a quite long journey. Except when you travel with friendsss, but you get the silent-coach!. I also learnt to memorise the bus number to go anywhere, the city, nearest market, carboot sale, and etc and even the services time ( i just snapped the photo of the service schedule via my phone).Before this? simply buy the ticket at the counter earlier to go home for hari raya..
A way..hurm..another event not be buried down the ground. I have always love to watch bunga api...back in Malaysia...then that day, finally here in UK, I watched an amazing firecracker show on the bon-fire night. It was tiring, to catch the bus right after I arrived home from my SBE. Together with Amirul and Shari, I went there with flowery heart. Hu..we missed 70 percent of the show yet, I still went home with, hurm "rimbun" heart!