Sendirian Berhad

Wednesday

2.Sakit.



I just couldn't help wondering whenever i think of it. 'Ketinggalan-Jet'. No. we didn't missed any flight. We are here already. This is a term that was introduced by our seniors. Symptoms? Upside-down sleeping hours. Unable to adjust with the situation and condition around you. Fatigue. Mental confusion. (fact!) Happens especially after a long journey, a very long journey crossing a continent to a new place that have a very very different GMT from your original place. Medicine? None. Just try and keep trying adjusting yourself.For me, its mind over matter. Try to cope with it. The first three days usually are the worst part. At least that was what i was told. Prevention? Well, expertise said, get enough sleep, at the right time (bukan lepas subuh yer) before your journey and after. I wasnt one of the 'infected patient' so i couldn't add here that much. Oh by the way, it's jet-lag.
But that wasn't the one that's hurting me. I was infected by another one. A higher degree of sickness. 'Sakit-rumah'.
No. The house was perfectly fine. Its not sick at all.And this sickness didn't spread because of the house either. Its something else. Its a type of disease. Common among people especially teenagers or students who live far from home.
I think people would find they are more familiar to its another name in English: Home-sick.Did i said common? Okay. It is common enough to have this disease. As for me, and lots of my friends here, being well, more than seven thousand miles away from home, the effects grew much stronger.
Weird enough, there's no cure for this disease. I thought if i call my parents or use video-call, audio call, YM, Skype, and every single type of communication to keep us in touch every day, then I will be free and fully recovered.
No, i was wrong. I will cry even worst after , while and of course before i made that call. I think I should be grateful enough, that I was placed here, most importantly with people who I'll be able to live with. Happily. Together. I noticed and was notified about other's situation, some are not quite good, some not good and some are worse than bad. Rule #2: I think the key here is 'adapt and adopt' process. Time should be able to fill those 'holes of sorrow'.
As a gift to ourselves, to cope with this longing problems, we always and always share our feelings. It was Hari Raya Aidiladha just a few weeks after we arrived here.
Perfect. Another piles of tears. My house mates and I couldn't bother by this feeling anymore. Fighting sorrow and dullness, we cooked, a lotttt just like what we did at home during Hari Raya. Lots and lots of dishes. Nasi Minyak and Ayam Masak Merah, Nasi Himpit Kuah Kacang, Che' Mek MOlek and Roti Jala with Kuah Kari Kentang. The four of us had a marvelous breakfast after Solat Sunat AidilAdha. We were all dressed in our Baju Raya (glamor you!) and went to the class (yes still have lecture even on this special day). The funny part that i would not forget is when we sturggle thinking how to make roti jala. We dont have the right 'tools' to do it. Then, we just make holes at the bottom of mineral water bottle and it worked, perfectly.
We continued cooking until after midnight with the Hari Raya songs and Takbir raya continuously played. Okay lets just admit it. I cried as i called my parents to wish them and ask forgiveness that night (it was early morning at Malaysia). T_T

Anyway, the following days went on smoothly...we still cry sometimes, but some of the tears are made out of happiness and i guess the bond that we have helps a lot to keep me from
a major collapse.
The tears flow, as the leaves of autumn continue turning yellow and fall on the ground. And we, didn't fall along.
All praises to Allah.

Alhamdulillah.